Blog 1: Introduction

Hello everyone!

My name is Harley Rigdon. I am currently in my final semester at Florida State University pursuing my BA in Humanities. I was born and raised in a rural part of Florida and, while I love it, I do like to travel to experience new places and activities. After I graduate, I intend to get my teaching certificate to join the workforce as a teacher--undecided yet what grade level. 

During my time in school, I've used a myriad of different technologies. While I was still in high school, I completed course work, and became certified, in all three Microsoft Office applications. We've all been apart of competitive Kahoot matches, which always added an element of fun to the day. Of course, during 2020 I, as well as many other students, experienced the majority of our lecture classes through Zoom and relied more heavily than ever on the Canvas infrastructure.

I'm very lucky to have already started to build my PLN. I have many friends offline that are either in the midst of getting their teaching certificates or are already in the classroom. Their experiences are invaluable as I too navigate my first foray into more "adult" or "real" jobs. Online, I follow various teachers across social media platforms such as Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok. I favor #TeacherTok the most as it seems to be the most "real" of the three platforms and the teacher creators I see there post comedic content as much as advice which is also nice.

I look forward to a great semester with everyone! :)

Comments